Psychiatric Service Dog Letters?
Psychiatric service dog letter and ID allows you to take your dog everywhere, - restaurants, stores, hotels, school, hospital, or work.
Many of the qualities that come so effortlessly to dogs - loyalty, devotion, selflessness, unflagging optimism, unqualified love - can be elusive to humans.
When Flying With A Psychiatric Service Dog
- The Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA)covers taking your service animal onto an airplane. This act allows anyone with a service dog to take them into the cabin with you, if small enough, be on your lap, out of a carrier, no fees.
- The service dog letter should be from a psychological professional that can recommend in writing that you are under their care and that you require your service animal to travel with you.
- That your dog has been individually trained to recognize, respond and alleviates your symptoms directly related to your psychological diagnosis, as defined in the ADA law,
Service Dog and Emotional Support Letters Help When Requesting No Pet Housing
- There are times when you will have to live in no pet housing with your Emotional Support Animal. If you are in this situation, you will need to have a letter as proof that you need to have your dog with you. This comes from the Fair Housing Act and in some situations Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- In this situation, you may be asked to fill out a form which details your disability and the reasons why you need to have your service dog.
- You will also generally be asked to submit a letter written by your medical health professional. This letter will need to be submitted as verification of your need accommodation.
When Your Service Dog Needs To Accompany You To Work
- Another time you may need to have service dog letters is to accompany you to work.
- It is important to note that an employer is not legally required to allow your service dog to attend work with you, if they can't accommodate it.
- However, they will need to consider this and that it will result in hardship for you as their employee.
- You need to advise your employer of your need.
- A service dog letter is a good starting point.
- Your employer may ask for additional documentation.
- When you speak with your employer or HR you should mention that you are asking for reasonable accommodation under the American’s with Disabilities Act.
Have Questions? Most People Do.
Call us with any Questions 760-485-6784
Get Your Psychiatric Service Dog Letter Today!
Psychiatric Service Dog Evaluation Sessions with a Photo ID of your Dog for ease of verification